(I) Criminal Defense. Attorney Chen Hui graduated from the Southwest University of Political Science & Law, majoring in criminal procedural law. Prior to her career as a lawyer, attorney Chen Hui had served as a prosecutor for seven years, and was also one of the first batches of prosecutors in Jiangsu Province after the implementation of the personnel quota system. Having handled hundreds of criminal cases, she has accumulated rich experience in handling criminal cases and appearing in court, and is very familiar with the general rules of investigation, trial, and adjudications. After becoming a lawyer in 2017, attorney Chen Hui has focused her practice on criminal defense and handled numerous cases of economic crimes, cyber crimes, organized gang crimes, crimes of running gambling houses, drug crimes, intellectual property crimes, crimes in the environment, food, and drug, etc. She is a person of integrity, pursues justice, dares to defend, and is skilled in research. With a high degree of professionalism, responsibility, empathy, and perseverance in criminal defense, she has defended the rights and interests of her clients to the greatest extent, and thus won recognization of her clients and colleagues. Attorney Chen Hui consistently focuses on the progress of criminal law and the protection of the rights and interests of minors. She has provided pro bono rule-of-law services to primary and secondary school students several times. She owns a personal WeChat Official Account named "Chenshuohuidao".
(II) The Prevention of Corporate Criminal Legal Risk, Criminal Compliance, and Corporate Anti-fraud Investigation. In combination with criminal cases handled, attorney Chen Hui has given trainings to entrepreneurs many times and has participated in the crisis resolution of the criminal legal risk for a large pharmaceutical group, performed an anti-fraud investigation for an internet company, and conducted a criminal charge on behalf of a listed company.
2020 Top Ten Tutor of ZHI10.COM
Part-time Teacher of Shanghai University of Political Science and Law, School of Criminal Justice
Researcher of Criminal Defense Center of the Southwest University of Political Science & Law
2022-to date，SGLA Law Firm
2010-2017，PPO of a District Municipal People`s Prosecution Service in Suzhou City
(I) Economic Crime and Cybercrime
1. Case of fraud through "trap loans", extortion, and gang crime by Yu Xyun in Taizhou, Jiangsu(The second of 2019 Top Ten Guiding Cases of Trap Loans of Ministry of Public Security. Defended for the third defendant)
2. Case of invading the computer information system data crime by an employee of a large data communication company in Shanghai(Special case of Ministry of Public Security. Discretionary non-prosecution)
3. Case of fundraising fraud crime by Wang XX and other four people in Zhuzhou, Hunan (Defended for the first defendant. Successfully defended the criminal offense to the crime of illegal absorption of public deposits, and eventually sentenced to three years and ten months of imprisonment on a charge of more than ten years)
4. Case of illegal absorption of public deposits crime by an internet fund company in Hangzhou(Defended for the employee, probation)
5. Case of illegal absorption of public deposits crime by affiliates of Lettall Electronic Group in Suzhou(Probation)
(II) Organized Gang Crime
1. Case of organized gang crime by Ding XX and other fourteen people in Suzhou, Anhui(Defended for the second defendant, The sentencing is less than the third defendant)
2. Case of extortion and forced trading crime by a gang of Yang X in Yingtan, Jiangxi(Defended for the first defendant. Eliminated all charges, including gang crime, with a final sentence of one and a half years of imprisonment on the charge of more than ten years )
3. Case of gang fraud crime through trap loans by a real estate agency in Shanghai
4. Case of gang extortion by Liu X and others in Shanghai(Eliminated gang crime and extortion crime in the examination and prosecution phase, and changed to the crime of picking quarrels and provoking trouble with a lenient sentence)
(III) Crime of Running the Gambling House
1. Case of the crime of running the gambling house online involving gambling fund of more than RMB 50 million by Yang X and more than 30 others in Shaoxing, Zhejiang(Defended for the first defendant. Sentenced to five years and four months)
2. Case of the crime of running the gambling house online involving gambling fund of more than RMB 10 million by Zhan XX and others in Shanghai(Defended for the first defendant. Sentenced to four years)
3. Case of the crime of running the gambling house involving gambling fund of more than RMB 20 million by a game company in Wuxi(Defended for a senior executive. Sentenced to six months probation)
4. Case of the crime of running the gambling house by Wu XX in Shanghai(Decided not to approve arrest and imposed the lenient sentence)
(IV) Intellectual Property Crime, Crimes in the Environment, Food, and Drug
1. Case of the crime of selling goods using the counterfeited registered trademarks involving the sales amount of over RMB 1 million by someone in Wuxi(Probation)
2. Case of the crime of selling goods using the counterfeited registered trademarks by someone in Liaoning(Remand for retrial. The sentence of three years of imprisonment was changed to probation)
3. Case of the crime of selling goods using the counterfeited registered trademarks in a significant amount by someone in Hebei(Sentenced to two years of imprisonment on a charge of more than three years)
4. Case of the crime of selling poisonous and harmful foods by someone in Suzhou(Defended in the trial phase, changed the sentence to probation)
5. Case of the crime of selling fake medicines by more than thirty people in Suzhou(Discretionary non-prosecution for the party involved)
6. Case of the crime of selling poisonous and harmful foods by someone in Shanghai(Plea leniency. Imposed the lenient sentence)
(V) Drug Crime
1. Case of an employee of a logistics company being charged with the crime of transporting more than 500g of heroin(Sentenced to two years of imprisonment in the first instance, and continued to plead not guilty in the second instance)
2. Case of suspected selling of psychotropic drugs by a couple in Shanghai(Obtained discretionary non-prosecution for both)
3. Case of suspected selling of psychotropic drugs by the holder of a biotechnology company in Suzhou(Doubt not to prosecute)
4. Case of suspected selling of psychotropic drugs by the employee of a biotechnology company in Suzhou(Obtained a guarantor pending trial in the investigation phase, and continued to plead not guilty)
(VI) Other Criminal Cases
1. Case of the project manager being charged with the crime of serious accidents in engineering project because Wanda Plaza collapsed in Changshu, Jiangsu.
2. Case of the crime of submitting tenders in collusion by a listed company in Shanghai(Discretionary non-prosecution).
3. Case of export tax refund crime involving nearly RMB 20 million by Bao XX in Shanghai.
4. Case of contract fraud crime amounting to RMB 270 million by an employee of a large SOE in Shanghai.
5. Case of the crime of smuggling common goods by Wang XX in Suzhou(Revoked the case in the investigation phase)
6. Various cases of the crime of organizing prostitution, the crime of sheltering prostitution.
7. Various cases of the crime of endangering public affairs(Some cases were revoked and transferred to administrative penalties)